Please note: email messages are not secure. Please refrain from entering personal, confidential information in the message, such as your social security or account numbers. Thank you.
Concord, NH – January 29, 2014 – The Merrimack is pleased to recognize Brad Kulacz, Contoocook Branch Manager, of Salisbury, NH, with its Employee STAR of the Month award for December 2013. Merrimack STAR awards are peer-nominated and distributed monthly. Brad was recognized for his strong leadership, community outreach and creativity.
One of the 12 monthly prizewinners will go on to win the Annual STAR Award which includes a paid vacation day and cash prize. “This was the first time a branch customer spontaneously participated in the celebration!” said Paul C. Rizzi, Jr., President and CEO of Merrimack County Savings Bank. Paul continued, “One of our customers enthusiastically congratulated Brad before jumping in for a group photo with him. It was a memorable reaction!” Paul proceeded to read from several of the peer-submitted comments about Brad: “Brad works diligently to involve the Contoocook Branch in the local community. He always does his best to take things to the next level. When locals in Contoocook decided to place sleighs around the town to collect food for the food pantry, Brad reached out to his business contacts to promote the program. This resulted not only in an increase in the food collected from stores like the Colonial, but a visible rise in community spirit as patrons of the bank and local community quickly became involved.”
About The Merrimack STAR Awards
Originally developed in 1997, ‘STAR’ referred to “Standards to Achieve Results”. Today, the term ‘STAR’ has evolved to define exceptional employees, nominated by their peers, who are considerate, work well with everyone and make a habit of ‘going the extra mile’.
STARs are monthly, peer-nominated performance awards given to Merrimack employees, chosen by Merrimack employees. From the monthly winners, a STAR of the Year is selected and announced at the annual company dinner. STAR recipients are employees who most embody Merrimack Style,which includes:
- Delivering excellent value at a fair price.
- Respecting customers and striving to develop lasting relationships based on personal service and mutual trust.
- Accepting responsibility for actions.
- Adhering to unquestioned honesty and integrity, while remaining prudent stewards of customers’ money.
- Providing stability and reliability in the marketplace over the long term.
- Delivering community leadership and support as a good corporate citizens.
- Treating peers with dignity and respect, while nurturing their personal and professional growth.